Thursday, April 9, 2015

God's Great Grace, Part 4

April 4, 2015 (4-4-15)

A few times Yvonne has mentioned that it bothers her that I know hardly anything about paying the bills or the passwords for any of the accounts. Tonight she brought it up again and it was obvious that it bothered her greatly. So I said, why don't we spend some time talking about this and write down what I need to know. Janelle got the laptop and created a spreadsheet for it.

One of my fears that I am trying to overcome, especially during times like this, is the fear of doing, or not doing, something that would “derail” the whole plan of God. I know that this is an invalid concern; even a religious fear. In this case, here is something that the Lord God himself, the One who spoke the entire universe into existence with a Word, said He will do. Do I think that I am able to stop Him from accomplishing His plan and purpose?

On the other hand, Jesus was unable to do any miracles in his hometown; He was only able to heal a few people. The problem was a lack of faith in Jesus by the people who knew him. I don't want to disappoint Jesus or cause him to have to find someone else that will press in to Him all the way until there is breakthrough and His plan is accomplished. It would be so incredibly disappointing for us to have come so far and be so close to the victory of His will and to then fail. Would He allow that to happen?

And so we paused in our taking care of undone details that were bothering Yvonne and talked to the Lord about it. We asked Him a question, “Does our taking care of details like this show a lack of faith in You?” Then we waited, listening. I heard a voice say, “The funeral will take place... in 30 years!” Seriously, Lord​​? I'm trying to be serious about this. (Insert 'grin' here). The consensus was that the Lord wasn't bothered at all by our planning at a time like this. I like that.

Then, I had an idea. Let's ask Him for a confirmation. Let's ask Him, “Is it okay for us to do this?” We did and we waited. What happened next is actually stunning. I wonder if I will ever really grasp the closeness of the Lord; the reality of His joy over us as His people.

Almost immediately I saw the feet and ankles of a very large, tall person or being. I saw the edge of his robe and the lower end of a staff. The thickness of the staff was about 3 inches. This person raised the staff and forcefully hit the ground 3 times, boom, boom, boom. Then I heard a voice speak. It was a large voice and spoke with authority. He said, “Let it be done.” There was joy and gladness in the voice. It was permission and more; it was a command. “LET IT BE DONE.”

My first thought was sort of, wow, why the force? Why the...drama? It was just a question! We continued to wait. Then, I saw warships on the move. I saw an aircraft carrier and a destroyer, I think. They were creating a major bow wave; they were on the move. I heard the voice say, “I am putting my people in place.”


To be continued....

No comments: